For 40 years, the Family Sunshine Center has worked tirelessly to educate the community on the devastating effects of violence and provide programs and services to victims. In the beginning our focus was solely on domestic violence and its victims. Over time, to reflect the issues facing our community, our program has expanded to include services for sexual assault victims and survivors of sex and labor trafficking.
We are dedicated to ending family violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking through comprehensive services and community-based outreach and prevention education. We foster hope and healing through immediate response, safe haven in crisis, advocacy, counseling, and support, so that victims may be empowered to lead safe, violence-free lives.
The mission of the Family Sunshine Center is:
- To end family violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking;
- To foster hope and healing;
- To offer immediate response and a safe haven in crisis;
- To provide advocacy, counseling, and support for victims;
- To empower them to lead safe, violence-free lives; and
- To promote community awareness through education and training.