Harness Hope • Drive Change • Impact Lives
Change Champions (CC) is a group of dynamic young leaders with a passion for and commitment to advancing the Family Sunshine Center’s (FSC) mission. Change Champions is an opportunity for leadership development, networking, and social interaction with like-minded professionals committed to promoting awareness of the issues and advocating for FSC’s programs and services. Change Champions members support FSC through monthly meetings, engagement in meaningful volunteer opportunities throughout the year, and hosting their annual fundraising event, Cooking on the Coosa.
Why Join Change Champions
As a member of Change Champions, you will:
- Gain focused and impactful leadership and service experience.
- Work in partnership with other community leaders, businesses and organizations.
- Collaborate with other group members to research, plan and execute ideas.
- Play an active role in engaging peers to support FSC advocacy, fundraising & prevention programs.
- Use and expand your professional talents and skills.
- Grow your network of contacts.
- Serve as an advocate and liaison for FSC to reduce the conversational stigma around domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking.
- Connect with and support the survivors who utilize FSC’s services.
What Change Champions Do
Change Champions engage with the local community to help make a difference in the lives of those impacted by family violence, sexual assault and human trafficking. This impactful work includes broad parameters to guide the Change Champion, yet allow a young person’s creativity to shine, thereby increasing their satisfaction with their work:
- Serving as ambassadors in increasing awareness of the issues within their network (e.g., attending community/outreach events to represent FSC and speak about the issues and services to attendees either in formal presentations or information conversations)
- Supporting the planning and execution of fundraising events
- Developing communication, social media messaging and branding material for target audiences
- Recruit and nominate other young professionals to serve as Change Champions
- Identify project opportunities to engage other young professional/leadership groups
Change Champion Commitments
- Serve at least 1 year with the option to commit for additional 1 year terms (term cycle runs from January to December)
- New members will be mentored and trained by current Change Champion members
- Complete orientation to learn about FSC programs, services, needs, and strategies
- Make a yearly donation of $100 or more (which can be achieved through event ticket sales, online fundraising, or direct financial contributions)
- Engage actively by regularly attending planning sessions, supporting events and volunteering to support group objectives (may include events during normal work hours)
- Provide feedback and updates to FSC Public Affairs & Development Committee and/or Executive Director
How to Apply
The Class of 2023 application cycle is now closed. New members will be notified in December. Orientation will be held in January 2023. Submit completed application to Tay Knight, Executive Director, at email@example.com.