Harness Hope • Drive Change • Impact Lives
Change Champions is a group of dynamic young leaders with a passion for and commitment to advancing the Family Sunshine Center’s (FSC) mission. Change Champions is an opportunity for leadership development, networking, and social interaction with like-minded professionals committed to promoting awareness of the issues and advocating for FSC’s programs and services. Change Champions members support FSC through monthly meetings, engagement in meaningful volunteer opportunities throughout the year, and hosting their annual fundraising event, Cooking on the Coosa
As a member of Change Champions, you will:
- Gain focused and impactful leadership and service experience.
- Collaborate with other community leaders, businesses, and organizations to make a difference.
- Work in tandem with fellow members to research, plan, and execute innovative ideas.
- Play an active role in engaging peers to support FSC advocacy, fundraising & prevention programs.
- Leverage and expand your professional talents and skills.
- Grow your network of contacts.
- Act as an advocate and bridge-builder for FSC, reducing the conversational stigma around domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking.
- Connect with and support survivors who rely on FSC’s essential services.
Change Champions actively engage with the local community to effect change in the lives of those affected by family violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking. This work empowers Change Champions to:
- Serve as ambassadors, increasing awareness within their networks by representing FSC at community and outreach events, speaking about the issues and services, and fostering meaningful conversations.
- Support the planning and execution of fundraising events.
- Develop communication, social media messaging, and branding materials tailored to target audiences.
- Recruit and nominate other young professionals to join the Change Champions ranks.
- Identify opportunities for projects involving other young professional and leadership groups.
How to Apply
The application period for 2023 class is now closed. Applications for the Change Champions are open in November.