The Family Sunshine Center will be hosting a free four-week course on personal finances, starting Sept. 12. Class will be held at Kelsey’s Place, 950 Lumac Drive in Clanton at 5 p.m. The rest of the classes will be held on Mondays at 5 p.m. Each class will be one hour.
Allstate Foundation’s Moving Forward curriculum will be used in the class. This curriculum was developed for victims of domestic violence but the principles can help anyone. The curriculum offers a range of information from basic money and financial management principles to advanced, long-term financial planning. This curriculum was developed to help provide survivors and others with:
- Resources to strengthen their confidence in their ability to take action.
- Strategies to address the financial and safety challenges when ending an abusive relationship.
- Resources for working through the quality-of-life changes survivors may meet when fleeing abuse.
- Approaches to work through challenges after an abuser has misused the survivor’s personal information.
- Methods to understand financial fundamentals.
- Steps to building a strong financial base, such as budgeting, saving, building credit and managing debt.