April 6, 2021
Do you want to help victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking but don’t have a lot of time or resources to spare?
Facebook Fundraisers allow you to engage your friends and family to raise money to support our programs and services. Facebook’s fundraising tool makes it safe and easy to raise money towards our mission. Even better, there are no donation fees, so 100% of the funds you raise go directly to our programs.
Facebook makes raising funds easy, exciting, and secure. Fundraiser creators can set donation goals, track their progress towards their goal, and donors can enter their information securely and easily. With Facebook Fundraisers, you can celebrate your birthday, anniversary, or for no other reason than to support the Family Sunshine Center in only a few clicks!
To get started on your own Facebook Fundraiser today, follow these steps, or click below:
How to create a Facebook Fundraiser:
- Select Fundraisers in the left menu of your Facebook News Feed. You may need to click See More
- Click the Raise Money button, and then get started.
- Click Nonprofit or Charity and select Montgomery Area Family Violence Program, Inc., fill in the fundraiser details and choose a cover photo.
- Set a fundraising goal, and an end date for your fundraiser. In our experience, 1-2 weeks is an ideal time frame.
- Come up with a creative, eye-catching name for your fundraiser.
- Describe why you are raising money. Here is some sample language, but make sure to personalize! “Please help me support Family Sunshine Center’s mission through a donation to my fundraiser (in honor of: your event/connection to FSC). FSC is dedicated to ending family violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking through comprehensive services and community-based outreach and prevention education. “
- Add an eye catching photo.
- Lastly, share your fundraiser with your friends.