The holidays can be a stressful time for all of us, but holiday stress is especially difficult for clients rebuilding lives affected by violence. Many of our clients have a hard time making ends meet after leaving abusive partners and can’t afford holiday gifts for their children. They may have to navigate extra visitation time for the children with their former spouse or interact with in-laws who are not supportive. The holidays present a variety of stressors for our clients.
But you can help! Our Adopt-A-Family assistance program pairs caring community partners like you with one or more of the families we serve to help make the holidays a little brighter. Adopt-a-Family is a rewarding way to share the joy of the season with a local family in need. It is a great way for families, community groups, church groups, work teams, and local businesses to show these families how much they care.
How it works
- Complete this form to adopt a family. We have many different ways that you can help; select the options you want and press submit. You can email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our busy elves will send you an identification code for your family along with a wish list with sizes, preferences and any special needs, if applicable.
- Shop for your gift card, gifts, etc. Or send in your donation. (Make sure to label your gifts with the correct identification code so they are delivered to the right family.) Need gift ideas? Check out our holiday wish list of suggestions.
- Enjoy a wonderful holiday season knowing that your generosity made life better for a for a family or individual in need.
- Don’t have time to shop? You can make a donation and we can do the shopping for you! Click here to make your donation.